Friday 6 January 2017

Best E-wallets you can use in Hong Kong

Technological development has also left its mark in the payment platform. It is the era of electronic payment that we all are living now. Alike the world, Hong Kong too has got E-wallets for allowing its people with an easier mode of transaction. In fact, the competition prevailing in relation to digital wallet, has been heated up further after HKMA or Hong Kong Monetary Authority offered 5 service providers offering store value with store value  facilities or SVF facilities. In my case, it took me time to trust and proceed transaction with these E-wallets. But as I started using them, my trust for them developed.  The benefits offered by these wallets are worth using them. 







Of all the E-wallets available in Hong Kong, here are 5 which I randomly use and couldn’t stop myself without discussing about them with you.


1. Apple Pay:

This mobile wallet is specifically for Apple device users. You can make payment for your groceries, shopping, food and other services using Apple Pay E-Wallet by simply linking your MasterCard, American Express or Visa credit or debit cards. Upon holding the device in front of the card reader, you can proceed with the transaction without sharing the credit card number with the service provider. iPhone 6s, iphone 6s plus, iPhone  SE, iPhone 6 plus,  iPad Pro, iPad mini 3 and 4, iPad Air 2 are compatible with this wallet. I installed it with my iPhone 6s plus and enjoy the special offers it provide.

2. MasterPass:

This digital payment platform stores all your details related to your credit card as well as other personal information that are required to be filled when proceeding with payment for some transactions. I found MasterPass worthy because it saves my time of filling all the details each time I am willing to proceed with any transaction. Simply get it downloaded, sign up for registration and proceed with the payment.

3. TNG wallet:

I found this wallet worthy for it allows me to store all prepaid value for offline and online purchases, money transfer and bill settlements with any other using of TNG or with any HKL registered bank. TNG wallet also supports all other E-payment functions like e-ticketing, e-coupon and others.

4. Tap & Go:

This mobile wallet is available for only iOS and android smartphone users. Downloading this wallet, you can reliably settle payments due. It comes with MasterCard Contactless technology or MCT allowing use for both online and overseas transactions. Easy to download and use, I found this wallet an “A grade” one.

5. Octopus & O! ePay

While O! ePay is a popular mobile app for payment developed by Octopus Card Limited, Octopus itself is known as an e-payment system adhering to reusable and contact less smart card. These two apps together allow you to enjoy a myriad of payment services online.







I found the use of electronic wallets useful as they help me to proceed with the transaction reliably without wasting time waiting in the queue.
Mobile wallets as mentioned before, is another example of technological development. 



No comments:

Post a Comment